The leadership team
of therapy Austin
If you need something from any of the staff, please submit a Support Ticket on TAWORKS. Your question will promptly get to who it needs to go to.
founders and Directors, Danielle Hayes, lcsw and Ellen Lindsey, lcsw
Call 'em Crazy, call 'em classy, call 'em work-wives.
this dynamic duo is in constant creative mode.
Vision. We share in the overall vision and execution of making all of this magic happen. We strive to create an enriching place to work. Though we easily pinch hit for each other, Danielle focuses more on HR issues, such as payroll, staffing, and metrics, while Ellen tends toward systems, such as TAWorks, the website, and finances.
Managing. We are doing our darnedest! As you progress, we all progress. We are thrilled to have our core staff of Coordinators & Support staff to rely on. In addition, it is truly a joy to witness and guide your growth here at Therapy Austin. We aim to celebrate that along the way with constructive feedback and pay increases. If you are considering or anticipating a change in employment, please reach out to us. We are here to help you grow as a professional and will encourage you along whichever paths you choose. We are also here to serve our clients, and, in that vein, the sooner we know of your potential change in plans, the better we can do that.
Clinical director, DeLinda Spain
She's wise. she's comforting. she knows complexities.
- Frontline for Client Emergencies and Severe Behavioral issues. DeLinda provides our staff expert support on complex cases. She has been in some rocky situations with clients herself. She can talk you through what it's like to call the mental health deputies, what it's like to talk with someone who is currently experiencing psychosis, and what it's like to decompress after such experiences. DeLinda is tasked with keeping records of contact with you about cases involving SI/HI and self-harm. This is intended to help protect you, our clients, and the agency. Fill out a support ticket to set up a time for consultation.
- Frontline for Eating Disorder Cases. DeLinda is an expert in the disordered eating field and needs to hear from you if you suspect or know that your client is experiencing disordered eating. Fill out a support ticket to set up a time for consultation.
- Monthly Clinical Consultation Group. DeLinda is here for us in many ways. You'll see her in the office every once in a while, but mostly when she holds a monthly group clinical consultation meeting for Therapy Austin counselors on Fridays. Check the TA Training calendar for dates, times, locations. This is a time for you to receive her feedback on any behavioral or complex cases you have, and to learn from DeLinda's guidance to other counselors sharing similar cases.
- Training. DeLinda woos us with her knowledge and expertise and we are so fortunate to have her as our own resource. She offers one CEU-level Clinical Topics trainings every month. Check out our calendar and sign up today!
- Exit Guidance and Interview. It's hard to imagine leaving Therapy Austin, but the day will eventually come. DeLinda's wisdom about the termination process will ease your transition. She will also conduct your final exit interview.
Assistant Director, RoxAnne Watson, lpc
She's tall, she's confident, she's capable.
How can you narrow the list of things she can speak to?
- Leadership Team Leader. We hold a lot of meetings behind the scenes to report, collaborate, problem-solve and brainstorm. Roxy maintains our agendas and keeps us on track.
- Employee Recruitment. If you have any friends or colleagues interested in working at Therapy Austin, send them Roxy's way. Well, actually, tell them to look at the Employment page of this site to get directions on how to apply, then tell Roxy your referral's name and any info you'd like to share, so she can be on the lookout.
- Staff Onboarding & Offboarding. Roxy maintains employee HR information on Zenefits. Contact her if you have any questions or changes regarding your employment files. She is a main point of contact between the agency and your clinical supervisor.
- New-Hire Training. Roxy conducts a portion of the training for new hires and has mentored many a staff member and is a great clinical resource at this agency.
- Vacations & Payroll. When you want to take some time off, fill out a vacation request and Roxy will get back to you with her approval. Beginning in the fall of 2018, she will also be reviewing and running payroll.
Staff Coordinator, Lindsey Lucius
you know her, you love her, she HELPED train you.
But, what is she actually here for?
- Staff Support & Mentoring. Lindsey will gladly listen to your frustrations, suggestions, concerns, and affirmations about the way we do things around here. Really. Go talk to her! She is also available for one-on-one coaching about your professional development. If you are reaching for your next level of growth, Lindsey is a great resource. Should you want to get personal guidance regarding your professional development, please schedule time with Lindsey. She will guide and support your desire to hone your clinical and business skills.
- All things policy and procedure. How do I...? How does the agency...? Where do we...? Lindsey has been here since day one of Therapy Austin. She knows how we get things done and she's available to guide you.
- New-Hire Training and Clinical Topic Training. Lindsey conducts a portion of the training for new hires, and has created and maintains the curriculum for all agency training and check-ins. She loves feedback and is here to support you from day one! Lindsey will serve as trainer in three of the annual Clinical Topics Trainings.
- Peer Consultation Group. Lindsey runs our weekly Peer Consultation group at the Central office locations. If you have any questions, concerns, or praise, take them to her.
OFFICE coordinator, ANNE CRAWFORD
She's On it. she makes everything look and feel better.
oh, and she loves to shop.
- Toilet paper, light bulbs, paper clips, tea. It's a glamorous job and Anne is happy to do it. Please help her by making a note on the supplies lists when you notice something is running low. If we are completely out of something imperative, please text her at 310/871-7665.
- Copies, copies, copies. For the record, we expect that when you are using forms from the files in the break rooms and you get down to the last available copy, you will stick that sucker in the printer and hit "10". That way, forms are eternally available to your colleagues. Anne takes the time to ensure that there are no empty folders. Please don't let her down!
- Building Maintenance & Office Machines. You know the thing about the bees and the bats? If not, lucky you. For those of us who were here for the bee infestation of 2014 and the bat rescue of 2015, we know how treacherous these working conditions can be. Anne is available for any and all maintenance and mechanical concerns or hiccups. Please contact her when you notice an issue or need in one of our offices. And, if she doesn't want to do it, she'll just ask for one of you to help!
- Business cards. If you are out of business cards, let Anne know. She won't let your clients leave empty handed!
- Money, money, money. Lost track of a client's check? Noticed the cash envelope has gone missing? Hopefully 'no' to both of these! But if you have any questions or needs around client cash or check payments and receipts, Anne is the one to go to.
- New-Hire Training. Anne knows a thing or two, and she'll share some of that as part of your new-hire training.
- Staff Community. Anne keeps the pulse on how we can contribute to your growth and learning, and she acknowledges who you are to us! She will celebrate your birthday and will honor your achievements. And, when you thought you hadn't yet had enough celebrating, she will plan our annual holiday shin-dig for you.
communications coordinator, claire perella baxter.
She's calm, she's precise, and she is basically our internal affairs agent.
scared? of this friendly face? C'mon.
- HIPAA Police & Routine Training. In today's world of healthcare, every provider and organization who handles Personal Health Information needs a HIPAA agent. Claire watches over and reminds us how to keep our client's information as secure as possible. She'll let you know early on about HIPAA guidelines at Therapy Austin, and will bug you if you stay long enough about keeping it up. Claire will also be a trainer for one of our annual Clinical Topics trainings.
- Forms, forms, forms. Client forms, agency handbooks, training manuals, Claire is tasked with maintaining all of those AND keeping them pretty. She has also been here since day one and really enjoys sharing her institutional knowledge. Please call her if you want any advice or support. (This career really suits her!)
Training Coordinator, Gina Rodriguez
Powerhouse in a petite package.
- Staff Trainings. Gina is in charge of scheduling, promoting, and hosting professional trainings we have here at Therapy Austin most second and third Fridays. If you have a request or suggestion for a training, send them her way. She will provide the CEU certificates for any CEU-level trainings you attend here.
- Simple Practice. Sometimes Simple Practice is not so simple. When you have questions about using our record-keeping and billing system, fill out a support ticket and Gina will quickly get back to you with the answers.
- New-Hire Trainer. Gina will lead a new section of our new-hire training days, delving into proper note-taking, good supervision and enrichment.
- Exit Coordinator. When the day finally comes that you choose to leave this oasis of experience, Gina will expertly guide you through our Exit Protocol. This is a formal four to six week process and we ask that you follow her direction every step of the way. If you're a planner, and would like to know sooner than later how this process goes, give her a shout and she'll give you the deets.
Jode edwards, practice coordinator
She's clear. she's courageous. she's the one giving you clients, so be nice!
- Request Administrator. Jode is responsible for processing the hundreds of requests for service we receive every month here at Therapy Austin. In that role, she is able to help each of you in many ways - secure clients, improve communication, set boundaries, and utilize our systems in the most effective ways. She ran her own client services practice before joining Therapy Austin and has a real-world understanding of what it takes to work sustainably and to thrive.
- Scheduler. Jode also manages the agency-wide allocation of rooms and shifts. Thoughtfully creating a schedule is critical to success and sustainability. Jode will guide you through the practical and clinical issues that arise in that process.
The Support Team
Executive Assistant, Frances fazzio
Helping you in and helping us out, Frances works under Roxy to keep this place whirring.
- Onboard and Offboard Administrator. As you know, getting set up at this place is no small endeavor. Frances makes sure everyone has all their employment records, website portraits, and millions of accounts. She will also keep current Job Openings posted and process incoming applications.
- Overseer of Outstanding Balances. It can be challenging to keep up with the administrative responsibilities of being a therapist. As an agency, we deem it highly important to keep all client records up-to-date. Frances reviews all of our counselors' Simple Practice accounts regularly to check for any issues with record-keeping or fee-collection. If you are behind, she will reach out to you and offer support.
- Write-offs of Outstanding Balances. If you have followed all the procedures in the current handbook for pursuing payment from a client, but it is not forthcoming, please notify Frances of the amount, client code, and date you are closing their file.
- Weekly FaceBook Posts. Frances tries to keep us up to date and present in the social media world. If you have any suggestions for events to highlight on our page, please send them to Frances.
Facilities Specialist, Joseph Porter
Friendly, Smart and Handy???!!! Just the kind of assistant Anne needs.
- Maintenance Go-to. Joseph has signed on to oversee maintenance issues in our offices. If you see any repairs that need to be made, please contact Joseph for help.
- Supplies Assistant and System Manager. Keeping tissues stocked at a big counseling agency is no small task. Joseph is working with Anne to be sure no sneeze goes unshielded here. He will also effort to move supplies storage out of Anne's car...and, perhaps into his???
- Furnishings and Equipment. Beautiful, fresh, functional spaces are important here. Keeping track of well-worn sofas and flagging them for retirement is an important task. If you notice any wear and tear that warrants consideration for replacement, please alert Joseph.
- MBTI and STRONG assessments for you and clients. Joseph is point-of-contact for handling the MBTI/STRONG online testing we offer to you and to our clients. These are really useful assessments that can help you in your work with career explorations, couples work and can help a client understand their ways of being and their strengths in relation to themselves, to others, and to their working life. As a staff member, you are welcome to take these tests. If you're interested in using them with your clients, Joseph will hold trainings for groups of 5 or more. Let him know if you want on that list or are interested in taking the tests yourself.
Staff Writer, Jill Hokanson
Wielding her way with words while keeping claire afloat.
- Weekly Agency Email. In an effort to keep your inbox manageable, Therapy Austin posts agency announcements once a week, instead of once-every-five-minutes. Jill is our Announcer. If you have anything you would like to go in there, send it Jill's way.
- Bio Guide. If you are overdue for a bio-rewrite, long or short, reach out to Jill. She's here to help you along. She enjoys mentoring and will be sure to get your updated piece posted.
- Staff Resources. We've got books, we've got worksheets, we've got handouts. From the library at 8500 to the depths of our staff resources pages, Jill is our gatekeeper. Please pass on helpful resources (articles, worksheets, handouts, tools, etc.) to her so she can share them with the rest of your colleagues. Let her know if there is something you'd like access to that we don't have. We'll do our best to get you hooked up.