Presented by Claire Perella Baxter, LCSW
Learn the counselor's role in exploring the clients' experiences, maintaining safety in the therapy room and outside, and harnessing the strengths and empowerment of clients.
After this training, participants will be able to:
1. Understand different forms of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and Sexual Assault (SA)
2. Assess for red flags in current client relationships and provide psychoeducation to clients with useful tools
3. Explore past experiences with clients with a focus on treatment as trauma
4. Combine already established counseling style with new information to feel confident in working with survivors
5. Explore ethical considerations when working with IPV and SA